Local Long Stay Deals at The David Livingstone Safari Lodge
- Views at the David Livingstone
- Swimming Pool
- River View
- Great Food
- The Lady Livingstone Cruise
Located in Zambia’s tourist capital, Livingstone, the David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa is an exclusive lodge offering world class facilities for guest enjoyment.
As though being close to the famous Victoria Falls is not enough, The David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa is also located close to other popular tourist attractions such as; the Railway Museum, Victoria Falls National Park, and the Devil’s pool. More nearby points of interest also include Livingstone Museum and Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
The lodge has its own beautiful boat, the Lady Livingstone which is moored alongside the lodge. Each day the boat departs for the quintessential Livingstone activity - the sun-downer cruise
Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool. The property’s full-service health spa has body treatments, facials, and beauty services. There is a business centre on the property and offers audiovisual equipment.
Accommodation at the David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa consists of 77 rooms, all en-suite, of which 5 are loft Signature suites, 3 rooms inter-lead and are ideal for families and 2 rooms accommodate the disabled comfortably. Most rooms look out over the Mighty Zambezi and a leisurely sun-downer can be enjoyed from your private balcony.
Accommodation features include:
- Flat screen TV's with satellite channels
- In room mini bar, coffee & tea making station
- 24 hour rooms service, wake-up calls and a laundry services are provided
- Laundry service
- Telephones, wireless internet and air conditioning
- Private balconies
- En suite bathrooms featuring a bath, shower, basin and private toilet
Signature suites also feature:
- Jacuzzi spa bath
- A private entertainment area with bar and lounge
David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa is a unique lodge offering world class facilities and Livingstone restaurants for guest enjoyment.
Other facilities present at the lodge & spa include:
- 24 hour reception services
- Activity centre
- Ample free car parking
- Baby sitting services
- Curio & gift shops in the area
- Disabled facilities
- Shuttle service
- Internet facilities available – wireless
- Nature centre with resident guide
- Health and beauty spa
- Swimming pool
- Lady Livingstone 144 sitter river cruiser
Whether you're the adventurous type, a nature lover and prefer to sunbath at the pool, David Livingstone Safari Lodge & Spa caters for your every need.
Some of the activities offered at the lodge include:
- Adventure activities such as bungee jumping, white water rafting, abseiling are available close to the lodge
- Craft markets and a myriad of dining venues
- Guided tours to the Victoria Falls
David Livingstone, the Scottish missionary and explorer, is believed to have been the first European to view Victoria Falls on 16 November 1855
- Sunset cruises on the Zambezi and game drives / walks
- Elephant back safaris
- Walking with lions
- Spa facilities
- Bird and Game Viewing
- Fishing for the elusive tiger fish
The pool deck, Gwembe terrace
A relaxed and casual meeting place, where guests can sit back and watch the magnificent African sunset while having cocktails and nibbling on a Livingstone restaurant offering.
The restaurant is found in the main lodge and promises contemporary meals in a traditional Livingstone restaurant setting. The meals offered range from succulent and traditional delicacies and mouth-watering afro-arabian fusion dishes.
The style of cuisine offered here is fresh flavoured, aromatic and healthy presented with an exciting interactive buffet. Kalai restaurant offers a culturally inspiring setting, which invites guests to immerse themselves.
Th bar Offers a wide range of South African & international wines and a variety of unique cocktails.
The Lady Livingstone
Considering a guest's personal comfort, the Lady Livingstone is lavishly decked and is a one hundred and fort-four seater, three-decker river cruiser designed to accommodate groups and individuals. 74 people can be accommodated in the lower deck, 50 people in the middle deck and 20 persons can be accommodated in the upper exclusive deck.