Amazing Deal at Diamonds Mapenzi - Zanzibar
- Beach Side
- Ocean Turtle
- Pool Side
- Romance at the Beach
Diamonds Mapenzi Beach Resort is one of the most established hotels on the island of Zanzibar and remains a great and economical option for anyone looking for an action-packed vacation.
It's an unassuming resort with a terrific vibe; entertaining and involving. The accommodation is simple and comfortable, the water sports facilities are fantastic - windsurfing equipment and canoes are complimentary - the all-inclusive package includes a choice of three restaurants - the buffet is one of the best on the island - and two bars plus a daily stocked mini-bar (soft drinks, water, and beer) - it couldn't be better! There is also an à la carte restaurant on the beach, however, there is a fee.
The East Coast's low tide adds to the experience because you can walk out across the sand for 1.5 kilometres to the reef.
East Coast, Kiwengwa.
The resort features 87 rooms spread across three separate levels, an upper terrace, a mid-terrace, and the beachfront. All of the rooms are on one level. The bathrooms only have a shower.
19 Swahili Rooms
The Swahili Rooms are found on the resort’s highest level surrounded by magnificent gardens. The rooms are all elegantly furnished in traditional African style.
38 Superior Rooms
The Superior Rooms have been elegantly furnished in traditional African style and have a large private veranda for the comfort of guests.
30 Beach Villas
The Beach Villas are located on the beach and have a private veranda for the comfort of our guests. They are elegantly furnished in traditional East African style.
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Stocked mini bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Hair dryer
- Flat screen TV (Beach Villas Only)
- King size or twin beds with mosquito net
- Electronic safe
Mvua African Rain Spa – in Africa rain means life and the skilled therapists in this massage centre will relax and rejuvenate tired muscles using the natural ingredients of the island.
Available in the public areas.
Watersports & Activities (*some at a supplement)
- Swimming pool
- Catamaran *
- Laser boat*
- Windsurfing *
- Sailing and windsurfing courses*
- Waterskiing *
- Wakeboarding *
- Tube riding*
- Fitness centre
- Snorkelling equipment*
- Games room with satellite TV and Playstation
- Evening entertainment
- Spherique fashion boutique
All inclusive includes:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served at the Palm Restaurant. Themed nights including African Dinner are served during the week.
- Snacks, soft drinks,fruit juices, tea, coffee, local beer, house wine, water served at the Hibiscus Pool bar from 10h00 to 24h00 and at the Onda Beach Bar from 10h00 to 21h30.
- Cocktails and selected spirits served from 12h00 to 24h00 at the Hibiscus Pool bar
- Snacks offered throughout the day at the Hibiscus Pool Bar.
- Onda Restaurant serves light meals from the grill from 12h00 to 15h00
- Daily stocked mini bar in the room with soft drinks, water and local beer on request.
- Wi-Fi internet in public areas, on the beach and in the Beach Villas.
- Games rooms with Playstation and satellite TV.
- Gym open from 07h00 to 20h00
- Aqua aerobics and stretching
- Canoes, beach volley, beach soccer, darts, table tennis and billiard table
- Daily soft entertainment programme
The Palm Restaurant
Enjoy your meals with a stunning view on our pool area and the beach. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet style offering local dishes, international and Mediterranean cuisine. Themed evenings are prepared weekly including African Dinner.
Italian pasta live station with different sauce every day.
African Corner with special curry.
Soup corner and homemade bakery.
Barbecue station for vegetable, fish or meat.
Boat with fresh salad already composed from our chef or plain to be mixed from our guest.
Variety of hot dishes to be discovered every day.
Boat with tropical fruit.
Dessert station with mini patisserie and cakes.
Ice cream station with fresh homemade ice cream.
Open for Breakfast (07h30 – 10h00), Lunch (13h00 – 15h00) and Dinner (19h30 – 22h00).
This is the ideal restaurant for those who want to spend the whole day on the beach and have a tasty light lunch directly on the beach.
Open for Lunch (12h00 – 15h00).
Suli Suli a la Carte Restaurant (at charge)
The a la carte restaurant is located on the beach and serves delicious seafood specialities under small gazebos in a romantic atmosphere.
Open for Dinner (19h30 – 21h30).
Hibiscus Pool Bar
The bar serves snacks, soft drinks, fruit juices, beer, cocktails, house wine and tea and coffee from 10h00 to 24h00.
Cocktails and selected spirits are served from 12h00 to 24h00.
After midnight all drinks are at charge. Premium brand liquors are available at charge.
Open for Drinks and Snacks (10h00 – 24h00).
Onda Beach Bar
Snacks, soft drinks, fruit juices, tea, coffee, local beer, house wine and water are served
Open for Drinks and Snacks (10h00 – 21h00).