Luangwa River Camp
- Aerial View of Luangwa River Camp
- Night View of the Camp
- Luangwa River Camp Room
- Dining Area
- Boating on the Luangwa River
The South Luangwa National Park is located at the end of the Great Rift Valley and is one of the last remaining unspoiled wilderness places in Africa. The enormous meandering Luangwa river rus, with its oxbow lagoons, riverine supported woods, and large grasslands, all of which play host to huge concentrations of game such as elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo, and over 450 kinds of birds.
The Luangwa River Camp is located beneath an ancient ebony forest on the banks of the Luangwa River, overlooking the game-rich Luangwa Wafwa. With only five bush suites, this small and intimate camp, combined with its setting and location, provides a remarkable "wow" impact, and a romantic vibe simply flows through the camp.
• Five bush suites.
• One double, four twin rooms.
• Maximum ten guests.
• En-suite bathrooms with double basins and a bath.
• Limited WIFI during certain hours around main areas.
• Telephone reception available.
• Walking Safaris – led by trained Safari guide and an armed National Parks scout.
• Game drives (day and night) – operated in open game viewing vehicles. Blankets are supplied during chilly periods. Ponchos are supplied also during the wet months.
• Private activities – this can be arranged in advance at an additional fee (subject to availability).
• Cultural/village tour – this can be arranged whilst in camp and a school visit is also possible seasonally.
• Visit local market – arranged during stay in camp.
• Tribal Textiles – locally made home décor company, giving an opportunity to see how everything is designed and made; plus opportunity to purchase souvenirs.
Meals & Drinks
• Rate is fully inclusive of all meals and drinks.
• Nut Allergies: While the kitchen is fully capable of catering for most dietary requests, they are unable to cater for people with severe nut allergies as they cannot guarantee a completely nut free environment.
Electricity & Water
• The camp runs off mains electricity.
• Three pin square plugs (adaptors available).
• The tap water is from a borehole and is safe for drinking; bottled water is also provided at the camp free of charge.
• Children over age of seven years are welcome.
• Younger children may be taken on an exclusive use of camp basis, by prior arrangement.
Payment for extras
• All extras can be paid in cash (local currency, US$, Euro or British Pounds) or by Visa Card.
• US dollar bills – we only accept the new notes with large heads as any with small heads are not accepted in Zambia.Send enquiry